GAS-TAP is a laboratory technique used to extract and analyze volatile organic compounds from liquid and solid samples. It involves introducing a gaseous solvent onto the sample surface in a sealed vessel, which absorbs the VOCs that subsequently evaporate into the headspace of the vessel. The headspace is then sampled using a gas chromatograph to detect the individual VOCs. It is highly sensitive and selective, with detection limits in the parts per billion to parts per trillion range.
Key Technical Specifications
- Material: The body of the gas tap is typically made of brass or stainless steel, with a chrome-plated finish for corrosion resistance.
- Valve type: The valve is a quarter-turn ball valve, providing precise and quick control of gas flow.
- Connection type: The tap is designed to connect to a standard 8 mm gas hose.
- Operating temperature range: The tap can operate in temperatures ranging from -10°C to 120°C.
- Pressure rating: The tap can handle a maximum pressure of 10 bar.
- Flow rate: The maximum flow rate for GAS-TAP 1way depends on the gas being used and the pressure at which it is being delivered. The tap is designed to provide precise control over the flow rate, with a quarter-turn of the valve allowing for easy adjustment.
- Safety features: GAS-TAP 1way includes a locking mechanism to prevent accidental opening or closing of the valve. It also has a visual indicator to show when the valve is in the open or closed position.
- Size and weight: GAS-TAP 1way typically measures around 70 mm in height and 45 mm in width, and weighs approximately 200 grams.
|Material||Brass or stainless steel body with chrome-plated finish||Provides corrosion resistance and durability|
|Valve type||Quarter-turn ball valve||Enables precise and quick control of gas flow|
|Connection type||Standard 8 mm gas hose connection||Ensures compatibility with most laboratory equipment|
|Operating temperature range||-10°C to 120°C||Can be used in a wide range of laboratory and research settings|
|Pressure rating||Maximum pressure of 10 bar||Suitable for a variety of gas delivery systems|
|Flow rate||Variable depending on gas and pressure||Provides precise control over gas flow|
|Safety features||Locking mechanism and visual indicator||Prevents accidental opening or closing of valve and ensures clear indication of valve position|
|Size and weight||70 mm height, 45 mm width, approximately 200 grams||Compact and lightweight design for easy installation and use|